The Orlando of China
The Chimelong Ocean Kingdom is a theme park situated in the island of Hengqin, Zhuhai, People’s Republic of China.
The theme park has many kinds of rare and exotic marine animals including more than 15,000 fish, rare whale shark, polar bears, penguins and beluga whales. Besides, it has 5 adventurous rides integrated with the exhibits.
The Chimelong Ocean Kingdom holds more than four World Records including ”the largest aquarium in the world, largest underwater viewing dome, largest aquarium window, and largest acrylic panel.”
The Chimelong Ocean Kingdom is divided into 8 theme areas, each offering a unique ocean experience.
1. Ocean Avenue: features a giant overhead LED TV where you can watch penguins, manta rays, and schools of colorful fish.
2. Dolphin Cove: features a 5D Castle Theater, Dolphin Theater and a Dolphin Conservation Center where an above and underwater view into the lovely Chinese white dolphins’ habitat is available.
3. Amazing-Amazon: features a Manatee exhibit in the freshwater aquarium, and a thrilling ride at the Parrot Coaster.
The Parrot Coaster is the fastest and longest water park wing in the world at 4192 feet in length reaching top speed at 67.1 miles per hour.
4. Ocean Beauty: features a Whale Shark exhibit and houses about 15,000 rare marine animals in its huge world-record tank holding 22.7 million liters (4.99 million UK gal; 5.99 million US gal) of water.
5. Hengqin Ocean: features large-scale performances including Musical Fountain Spectacular, Sky-Board Spectacular, Fly Board Spectacular, Chimelong Ocean Parade, Journey of Lights Parade, Glamorous Sky over Hengqin, and Dance of the Starry Night.
6. Polar Horizon: features the Polar Bear, the Beluga Whales and one of the largest Penguin exhibits in the world including animals that can only be found in the South Pole.
7. Fun Zone: features a large game arcade, tide pools, a beaver exhibit, and Stingray Encounters. There are three animal houses: a house for otters, a touchable pool of coastal animals and the Manta Rays pool.
8. Mt. Walrus: features walruses at the Walrus Island, sea lions at the Sealion Bay, Sea Bird Paradise, and the performance of these animals at the Sealion Theater.
The Chimelong Ocean Kingdom is a crucial bit of the Chimelong International Ocean Tourist Resort which aims to become the “Orlando of China”. It was the 10th most visited theme park in the world in 2018, with 10.83 million visitors. In 2015, the theme park received the Award for Outstanding Achievement-Theme Park at the 21st Annual Thea award, representing it as one of most recognizable theme park in the world.